none
Bug in Outlook 2007, Delay Send Options default value RRS feed

• Question

• When you create an email and go to options, Delay Delivery and make no choices and choose the Red X, Close or escape, the default delay is set to the current date after 5PM. This is a problem for users who accidentally click delay delivery and get out not knowing anything about the selection being there. The default should be nothing selected. I don't know if this is the way it is intended to work or not.

If this is by design then the design is flawed. If this is by accident then it is a bug. If there is a third party changing the program then it should be reported somehow and made to stop. I could not find an option area for changing this default to no selections so for me this is bad and I suspect for many others it is bad.

If anyone knows a way to change this bad behavior please let me know.

Thank you for attention in this matter.

Chris Ward

Friday, July 6, 2012 3:49 PM

Answers

• Well, you could write something that pops up a dialog of your own design and just set MailItem.DeferredDeliveryTime yourself.

I believe advertising in signatures is accepted, and I've been doing so for years.  I'm not explicitly posting about business offers.

Eric Legault
    MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Time-saving Outlook Appins
    for as low as $5!

Friday, July 6, 2012 7:22 PM

All replies