none
VBA in Excel (Offce ) running strange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a rather complicated VBA code running in office 365 - getting data from one Workbook and put them in another. It works OK, but from some time started to work slow, screen is blinking changing sheets and workbooks (nevertheless command ScreenUpdateStop|). Tried to reinstall Office 365 (I have a subscription)- nothing changed?!  I tested the same code in Excel 2007 - works perfectly! Any idea?

Regards

Zahari Mavrov

Saturday, September 16, 2017 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Does the issue occur for all workbooks in your PC? Could you reproduce the issue using other computers with same Office version?  

Do you debug the code to check which line or code cause the issue? Do you try to use Application.ScreenUpdating=false to turn off screen updates?

Do you try to revert to an earlier version to see if Office updates cause the issue? To revert to an earlier version, please follow How to revert to an earlier version of Office 2013 or Office 2016 Click-to-Run and please visit Version and build numbers of update channel releases  to get all version and build numbers.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hi Celeste,

Thanks for suggestion - will try to revert to an earlier version of Office 365 / Excel 2016.

Yes I have <Application.ScreenUpdating=False> in my code ...

Will also try this code on other computer with Excel 2016

Let you know if it's help

Thank you!

Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:44 AM
  • Made as you suggest - installed Office 365 on other PC and make a try - the same behavior of the code ...

On the same machine I have Excel 2007 - no problem with the code.

Will try the last - restore my Office 365 to an earlier version ...

Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Hello,

Would the issue be fixed if you revert to an earlier version? Since your could reproduce the issue on other PC, could you please share us your Office build number and your code or file here? We could test the code on same or different Office version to check the issue is related to Office product or your code. To get the build number, please go to File -> Account -> Product Information to check your version and build number.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:33 AM