none
Exporting and Importing data automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Just  quick question. My company would like to automatically import/create records in CRM from our own inbuild application currently used at our company.

As an example we have an internal system with records....when this system is updated with new information we would like to automatically have this information create record entries in CRM. We were thinking about using web services to perform this.

I have been told that an external connector needs to be purchased if a 3rd party application is to "write" data to CRM? Can you please confirm this?

I find it confusing that we are able to export/import data using inbuilt CRM tools, why cant we create our own?

Kind Regards

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

Sorry but the following is the official role of this forum (copy/paste from the header):

Discuss customizations and programming for Project Web App, Project Server, Project Professional and Project Standard. Includes User Interface (UI) customizations, Project Server Interface (PSI) and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Programming.

So it is not just dedicated to Project Server.

Greetings,

Monday, August 8, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies