none
Sending Mail 3 days before Due Date value of a list in sharePoint designer 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

i have a file with a list that has columns of Due Date and Owner, i would like to create a workflow that send an email to the Owner  3 days before Due Date.

in addition, i would like to create one more workflow that upload file automaticlly to a specific folder when the file attached to list item (by creating or by editing the item) .

i'm using sharepoint designer 2010.

Thank you. best wishes.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Osher Hen,

Yes, you can create the workflow to send email to the owner 3 days before Due Date.

We can use the “Add Time to Date” and “Pause until Date” actions in the workflow.

There is a workflow for your reference.

I am afraid that the workflow cannot be triggered when the file attached to list item. So we cannot achieve your requirement to create the workflow that can upload file automatically to a specific folder when the file is attached to list item.

You could consider developing custom code to achieve it.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Osher Hen Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:37 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Osher Hen,

Yes, you can create the workflow to send email to the owner 3 days before Due Date.

We can use the “Add Time to Date” and “Pause until Date” actions in the workflow.

There is a workflow for your reference.

I am afraid that the workflow cannot be triggered when the file attached to list item. So we cannot achieve your requirement to create the workflow that can upload file automatically to a specific folder when the file is attached to list item.

You could consider developing custom code to achieve it.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Osher Hen Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:37 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Thank you very much. it works like magic (:

is there any example or guide of some developed custom code doing something? 

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi Osher Hen,

If you want to achieve the same requirement by the custom code, you could use timer job and server object model.

There is a similar post:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/1679d918-59e7-428d-aee7-e4f610f55544/to-send-an-email-on-a-datespecified-in-list-using-timer-job?forum=sharepointadminprevious

And if the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:04 AM