RDPBCGR 2.2.1.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have been examining the Protocol Specifications provided by Microsoft ([MS-RDPBCGR]) and we are having some trouble with the “Client MCS Connect Initial PDU with GCC Conference Create Request” (Message 2.2.1.3). We constantly get the “An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host” which we have gathered just means that whatever message we sent generated an error. The curious thing, however, is that when we send the exact byte-for-byte example provided near the end of the document (4.1.3) we still get the same error. We were using an older version of the document, but it doesn’t seem to be any different in the newest March 18<sup>th</sup> revision. We tried to monitor the actual mstsc.exe client connecting, but it encrypts this message, and all our attempts to decrypt it failed.

We were hoping to contact someone that would be able to help us figure out why we are getting this error.

Note that we do receive a valid response to the message before (2.2.1.2, if I remember correctly).

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:56 PM

Answers

• I believe I have solved it. We were accidentally sending part of the message before twice. I am away and cannot test it right now, but I am fairly sure that is the problem. If we have any future questions, can we email someone on the team, or should we post a question here?

Thanks for your help!

• Marked as answer by felipet Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:23 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Philip:

I have alerted the protocol documentation team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:32 PM
  • I believe I have solved it. We were accidentally sending part of the message before twice. I am away and cannot test it right now, but I am fairly sure that is the problem. If we have any future questions, can we email someone on the team, or should we post a question here?

Thanks for your help!

• Marked as answer by felipet Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:23 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Hi, Felipet,

Glad to hear that you solved the problem.   In the future when you have more questions related to open specification, you can either post questions on this forum or e-mail dochelp@microsoft.com.

Thanks!

Hongwei Sun -MSFT
    Friday, July 29, 2011 6:07 AM