none
Compile Errors for Gridview RRS feed

• Question

• Totally new at this so take that into consideration.

I'm in a learning stage and found a good gridview sample posted in the Forum. 

https://community.microfocus.com/microfocus/cobol/visual_cobol/f/forum/15816/gridview

I'm not able to resolve a compile error with CustData which is first used by the following

01 mylist list[type CustData].

Also there is a problem of DataBind not being a member of the GridView - I suspect this is something I didn't do with the GridView definition. 

Lastly, and I've tried, I can't get the program "getrecords" to be part of my project. There is a function for that purpose but it fails to work for me.  I put the program into the project resources and it's totally unrecognized.

Thanks for any help

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Johnwalla,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, Gridviwe is the control of web form. You could post a new thread in ASP.NET forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions. 

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Johnwalla Friday, February 2, 2018 11:07 PM
    Friday, February 2, 2018 7:36 AM

All replies

• You should be probably missing references to some of the namespaces, just try their documentation as mentioned.

Microsoft MVP, Full stack developer, Top contributor Stackoverflow ,@Angular Enthusiast profile for Sajeetharan at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:53 AM
  • Hi Johnwalla,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, Gridviwe is the control of web form. You could post a new thread in ASP.NET forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions. 

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Johnwalla Friday, February 2, 2018 11:07 PM
    Friday, February 2, 2018 7:36 AM