none
Sorting Data in Pivot Tables RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any suggestions for how to perform sorts in a pivot table that has multiple row labels? For example, if I have a pivot table with:

• Project Name
    • Status
    • Owner

I can only sort on Project Name since that's the first row in the pivot table. Is there any suggestions as to how to enable sorting by Status or Owner?

Thanks,

Roland

Friday, February 20, 2015 1:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Roland,

>>Does anyone have any suggestions for how to perform sorts in a pivot table that has multiple row labels?

In my option, I think you could sort on individual values or on subtotals by right-clicking a cell, picking Sort, and choosing a sort method. The sort order is applied to all the cells at the same level in the column that contains the cell.

The link below shows the details.

#Sort data in a PivotTable
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Sort-data-in-a-PivotTable-e41f7107-b92d-44ef-861f-24430830450a

By the way, this is a forum for discussing Office development related questions like VSTO, VBA, Apps for Office and .etc. For Office product feature related questions, I suggest you posting them on Office IT Pro forum.​

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:50 AM