none
Application Error

Question

• The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) error.

i tried reinstalling vs2012 express.

and copying all those dll files still it is not working.

please help.

Friday, November 13, 2015 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Shameermh,

>>The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) error.

Could you tell me when you get this error, open the VS or run an app or others? What is your windows Environment?

If you get this issue when you open the VS or create a simple app, I think we should think about the VS setup.

Please repair it from the control panel, and then restart your VS, check it again.

I met this issue before which was related to the setup file, so if possible, please re-download the VS2012 express version from the official site, and then re-install it again.

Of course, if still no help, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:58 AM
  • I got this issue when i open the VS. plz help

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=81087DA48CAD5061!114&authkey=!AOmuZJQ_YvW9Sbk&ithint=file%2czip

• Edited by Shameermh Sunday, December 13, 2015 5:48 AM
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Hi Shameermh,

I got some setup log messages:

(1)Automatic updates could not be paused due to error: 0x80070422. Continuing...

Please make sure that whether it is related to the windows update:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fa7c62ad-13a1-4211-9d6c-1dcccd823775/remote-tools-for-visual-studio-2012-update-1-fails-to-install-on-surface-rt-slate?forum=vssetup

(2)Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 -- Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {D6EE1301-2760-45E1-9E48-0A992536EED1}. HRESULT: 0x8002802F. assembly interface: , function: CreateAssemblyNameObject, assembly name: Policy.11.0.office,fileVersion="15.0.4420.1017",version="15.0.0.0000000",culture="neutral"

About the Error 1935:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2004/11/10/255346.aspx
    (3)ESET NOD32 Antivirus -- Error 5001. The computer has not been restarted after a program uninstallation. Please restart the computer and run the installer again.] [(NULL)] [(NULL)] [(NULL)] [(NULL)] [(NULL)] []

Maybe you could run your windows update, and restart your machine, re-install the VS as the admin, check it again. Please also install the VS2012 update 4.

In addition, you know that the latest VS version is the VS2015, it also has the VS2015 community or VS2013 community version which is free now, so maybe you could use the community version instead of the VS2012 express version, of course, you could also download the VS2013 express version.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 14, 2015 8:58 AM
  • Yeah i can use the latest version.but i will face problem in running 2012 build projects on higher versions.

Friday, December 18, 2015 3:25 PM
  • Hi Shameermh,

Could you tell me where you download your VS2012 Express version?

If you use the same setup file, and install it in other windows Environment, how about the result?

Maybe we would think about the ISO setup file or others.

>>but i will face problem in running 2012 build projects on higher versions.

Do you mean that the VS2013 or VS2015 doesn't support the VS2012 projects you want to create? Maybe you could tell me the project teyps, at far as I know, the high VS version would support most of project types of the old VS2012 version.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:07 AM
  • I use vs2012 for building open gl projects if i try to run the same build project on higher versions its not compatible .every time i need to edit their .net framework and vs version
    Friday, December 25, 2015 2:40 AM
  • Hi Shameermh,

Just to make this issue clearly, did you create this project in your VS2012 Express by yourself? like my previous reply, where did you download the VS2012 express version? Which VS 2012 Express version did you really use, for desktop or windows or others?

Could you share me a simple project using one drive? I will load and test it in my side after you tell me the real VS Environment.

>>every time i need to edit their .net framework and vs version.

Whether this project was developing using the C++, C# or other language?

Before we really merge an old project to the high VS version, we would think about the high VS version's compatibility:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747(v=vs.120).aspx

But generally the VS2013 would support most of the VS2012's apps.

Best Regards,

Jack

Monday, December 28, 2015 2:36 AM
  • created this project using VS2012 Express.I had downloaded it from official website.

This was created using open GL using c link for the same is below .

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=81087DA48CAD5061!142&authkey=!AB-Ys-cOKBIADn0&ithint=folder%2csln

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:31 PM