Intel UPnP SDK for winCE 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
        I've been trying to get the code generated by Intel's UPnP SDK (pocket pc 2002) to compile in Visual Studio 2005 for winCE 5.0

When I try to compile it I get the error:

UPnPSample : error PRJ0004 : Could not generate command line for the 'VCCLCompilerTool' tool.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Brian

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:59 PM

Answers

• Try this (although it is little time consuming):

1. create another default application from VS 2005 for WinCE 5.0

2. open project properties and compare the settings for compiler/linker, etc., with the settings of your application that you are trying to migrate.

3. If everything is same the you need to look at the default generated code.

I hope this would work.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:50 PM

All replies

• How did you create the project file that you're using? It looks to me like something is messed up in there.

Jeff

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:48 PM
  • Try this (although it is little time consuming):

1. create another default application from VS 2005 for WinCE 5.0

2. open project properties and compare the settings for compiler/linker, etc., with the settings of your application that you are trying to migrate.

3. If everything is same the you need to look at the default generated code.

I hope this would work.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:50 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Well, its not an answer rather I'm stuck with the same problem. I wanted to know whether you have been able to work around the problem. If yes, I'd appreciate your assistance to let me do so.

Regards,

Zaib.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:28 PM
  •  

For me, under C++ General, I had   Debug Information Format := 4

Changing it to   /Zi   got me past the:  error PRJ0004 : Could not generate command line for the 'VCCLCompilerTool'

You may ask, how did I get the 4 there ?   Well, I took a PC based project and tried to add a new configuration that was targeted for Mobile 5.

This was in Orcas.

So the error message is rather non-specific.

• Proposed as answer by Ralph Stefan Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:26 PM
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 2:32 PM