Baseline configuration analyzer - Analyze_SQL_Server_Replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I ran the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 on a SQL Server 2008 environment.
    we included Analyze_SQL_Server_Replication since we have replication configured and running for this server (transactional, the second server is doing a pull subscription from this one).
    But in the report it says 'Replication is not configured'
    why did the Analyzer not see the replication set up on that SQL Server instance?

thank you
    Friday, November 9, 2012 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hi citi,

Any progress?

Run the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 and select the SQL Server 2008 BPA. You could click start scan the instance services. Please use SQL Server 2008 BPA to scan other instance services to see if it works. And make sure you have installed Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 and SQL Server 2008 BPA properly.

BPA is designed for administrators who want to determine the overall conformance of their SQL Server instances and topology with established best practices. BPA examines your SQL Server instance for system events, reviews login permissions, scans your SQL Metadata for advisable settings, and recommends solutions to items that do not conform with established Microsoft best practices.

Thanks.

Maggie Luo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Maggie Luo Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:59 AM

All replies

• I have just tested report this in my lab machine and was able to access the report successfully when replication configured.

Could you please check the same report for any other SQL SERVER in your environment and let us know if you are able to see same issue or not?

Vikas Rana | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Hi citi,

Any progress?

Run the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 and select the SQL Server 2008 BPA. You could click start scan the instance services. Please use SQL Server 2008 BPA to scan other instance services to see if it works. And make sure you have installed Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 and SQL Server 2008 BPA properly.

BPA is designed for administrators who want to determine the overall conformance of their SQL Server instances and topology with established best practices. BPA examines your SQL Server instance for system events, reviews login permissions, scans your SQL Metadata for advisable settings, and recommends solutions to items that do not conform with established Microsoft best practices.

Thanks.

Maggie Luo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Maggie Luo Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:59 AM