nokia lumia 1520 problems on 8.1 update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I've recently updated to 8.1 my 1520 and mostly I feel encouraging about vmanyinnovations and features. But , there are some bugs, that must be mend.1)after battery drains to zero,and once again phone turns on - the date and time are reset to 23march 2014 and 6.03 am. 2)another one-power button sometimes doesn'twork , phone just freezes at the lock screen and nothing happens, or phonecannot be awaken from stand by modeby pressing power button. I think these arethe most essential bugs for me in this update in this
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:18 PM

All replies

• I upgraded to 8.1 and I am not getting any of these issues.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:38 PM
  • Same issues, also my camera doesn't work
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:39 PM
  • how do you upgrade the lumia 1520 to windows 8.1?

Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:57 AM
  • have a 1520 with 8.1 preview; power but to and camera troubles, also 3/23 problem. The phone starts re-downloading all email, texts, IMs, etc. as soon as it it gloms the correct date from carrier. Also having issue where screen is unresponsive and starts acting like its being pressed madly, starting app and navigating wildly all on its own. Hardware reboot only fix, problem returns as soon as 30 minutes later.
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 2:59 PM
  • have a 1520 with 8.1 preview; power but to and camera troubles, also 3/23 problem. The phone starts re-downloading all email, texts, IMs, etc. as soon as it it gloms the correct date from carrier. Also having issue where screen is unresponsive and starts acting like its being pressed madly, starting app and navigating wildly all on its own. Hardware reboot only fix, problem returns as soon as 30 minutes later.

I am seeing similar issues on my 1520. Performing a factory reset now. Having quite a few issues with SIM card and SD Storage.

Systems Engineer

Sunday, May 18, 2014 2:06 AM
  • My 1520 also locks up from time to time but will reboot after holding the power button down for 10-15 seconds. Camera also has a weird problem. The phone actually makes a sort of buzzing noise and the image kinda shakes. Sometimes it works OK though. Camera definitely worked much better on WP8. WP8.1 is still a keeper, and is the best mobile OS yet.

• Edited by ObbyB Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:36 PM misspelling
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:34 PM