none
Cant apply themes in VB.NET with VS2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I'm trying to apply a theme on forms in VS2017 (vb.net), but after I create a new class, and debug/release it, nothing new appaers in the toolbox. This method worked perfectly with VS2015, but I just installed the 17 and not sure if I have to do anything else here, or its not possible anymore

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• Please provide more details as I understand you want to apply themes to a form but unsure what is being used to do so e.g. are you using a third party library???

If you have the source code, have you attempted to recompile under VS2017?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:01 PM
  • Please provide more details as I understand you want to apply themes to a form but unsure what is being used to do so e.g. are you using a third party library???

If you have the source code, have you attempted to recompile under VS2017?

_______

Yes, I wanted to post a pastebin link but I didn't let me.

I want to apply a public one.

I tried to apply on a newly created project, but I found an old project which has the theme on it, it appaered, but it didn't had the special items in the toolbox.

• Edited by tonti987 Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:04 PM
  • updated VS, added some new thing, still doesnt works

• Edited by tonti987 Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:14 PM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:14 PM
  • okay i fixed it, not sure how though
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hi tonti987,

Glad to hear this issue has been resolved by yourself, please share your solution here and marking this as answer to close your thread, it is beneficial to other community members who face the same issue.

Thanks for participation in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:57 AM