none
DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2145615869

Question

• I get this error while trying to debug my project to a pi.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:44 PM

Answers

• It seems that if for some reason you reboot or detach from network the device, you need to exit and reenter vs2015 to get it work again.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Hi Grabner,

For all future issues, Microsoft has a fairly comprehensive template we use internally to ensure enough data is collected.  I have created a much smaller version of that template for external use:

ENVIRONMENT:

What Computers, OS and devices are involved with this repro? How are they connected?

REPRO STEPS:

What steps do I need to follow to see the issue?

RESULTS:

What did you Expect to happen?

What did Actually happen?

NOTES:

Any other details/workarounds potentially related info

Please replace the italic portions with your specific details as that will go quite a long way in Microsoft successfully diagnosing your issue.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

• Marked as answer by Grabner Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:53 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:40 PM

All replies

• I am using version 10.0.10586 of win 10 on my raspberry pi 2. When trying to deploy the blinky app sample I get the following error. Any thoughts?  I have followed all the instructions on deployment listed on the dev.windows.com site.  Any and all help is appreciated.  Not sure what else to help put on here to give the most information. 

I am running VS 2015 pro with update 2.  I have the uwp sdk installed (10586 version).

DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2145615869

Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:21 AM
  • whats the result if you create a new empty uwp app and start it local on your machine?

if that works whats the result if you switch to arm and remote device to deploy the empty app on your device?

Sunday, April 10, 2016 2:28 PM
  • we need more information, which os and build# from your pc and your device, which visual studio and version and at which step that error occurs and from your package.appxmanifest the line <TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal"...
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:54 PM
  • This error message is very cryptic.

Device Model:  Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 
    OS Version:  10.0.10586 

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015
    Version 14.0.25123.00 Update 2

Anyhow, it failed multiple times with same error message. Magically, it now works without changing anything on my part.

Please suggest what to collect next time this occurs so my friends at Microsoft can improve this error message.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:31 PM
  • It seems that if for some reason you reboot or detach from network the device, you need to exit and reenter vs2015 to get it work again.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Hi Grabner,

For all future issues, Microsoft has a fairly comprehensive template we use internally to ensure enough data is collected.  I have created a much smaller version of that template for external use:

ENVIRONMENT:

What Computers, OS and devices are involved with this repro? How are they connected?

REPRO STEPS:

What steps do I need to follow to see the issue?

RESULTS:

What did you Expect to happen?

What did Actually happen?

NOTES:

Any other details/workarounds potentially related info

Please replace the italic portions with your specific details as that will go quite a long way in Microsoft successfully diagnosing your issue.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

• Marked as answer by Grabner Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:53 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:40 PM
  • thank you.

I will collect this information if it occurs again.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:54 PM
  • Excellent!  The smallest details can make a big difference.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:03 PM
  • I have been using successfully building and running the samples on my Raspberry Pi 2 last week. This morning though when I tried to deploy solutions it throws up an error DEP 00001: Unexpected Error -2145615869. I have tried the following:

• Checked to make sure developer mode is enabled in Windows 10 - yes
    • Using latest Visual Studio 2015 update 2 - yes
    • Rebooted Raspberry Pi 2 model B - yes, twice

It won't deploy any of the sample solutions from Github nor will it deploy a new solution that I just created with a plain 'ol Hello world. Nothing has changed, the Pi has the same IP address, same credentials. I'm at a loss. I googled the error code but didn't find anything useful. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks! 

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 4:29 PM
  • Tuesday, April 26, 2016 4:39 PM
  • That was it, thanks a bunch! 

I did not realize that Visual Studio needs to be restarted if the device is detached from network/rebooted. 

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:05 PM
  • Restarting Visual Studio does fix the issue.  It happens frequently enough that I hope fixing it is on the to do list.  If not here's the template data as requested: 

ENVIRONMENT:

Windows 10.  Visual Studio 2015 Update 2.  Raspberry Pi 3.  OS Version 10.0.14322.1000.

REPRO STEPS:

F5 deploy to the Pi.  Reboot the Pi or disconnect from network and reconnect.  Try to F5 deploy again.

RESULTS:

What did you Expect to happen?

Deploy app to device

What did Actually happen?

Unexpected Error: -2145615869 during deploy phase.

NOTES:

Any other details/workarounds potentially related info.  

As mentioned restarting Visual Studio is a workaround that usually fixes it.

http://rapidapplicationdevelopment.blogspot.com

Friday, April 29, 2016 4:34 PM
  • Hi everybody

I did have the same issue.

Was an issue with the disk space in the SD card.

Regards

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi Roger,

Thanks for your debugging info!

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:26 PM