none
Need Help !!!!! Need to create a log file during installation of my installer created in WIX. RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a log file during installation of my installer created in WIX. Currently I only know the commandline option to run the msi file and generate a log file. But I need to create a log file by running only the msi normally (not in commandline), and log each process happening during installation.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try http://wix.sourceforge.net/mailinglists.html

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:55 PM
  • Hi Rhythm Devine,

Sheng Jiang has provide you a tool to solve your problem, please refer to it. If you have any problem, welcome to the forum any time.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:58 AM
  • Hi Allen, the user is already using the tool, I merely pointed out where the forum for the tool is.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:01 AM
  • Hi Sheng Jiang,

Thank you for your sharing. With your help, the forum will be better and better.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:07 AM