none
Cognitive Services Privacy Policy

Question

• Good day - 

I have done some initial work in using the Cognitive Services Custom Vision AI to implement automation of certain processing.  However, I cannot progress any further - even with a meaningful prototype - because many of the documents to be processed contain confidential client data.  That data cannot leave my control, and the current Cognitive Services Privacy Policy makes it clear that anything uploaded to the services can be retained and used by Microsoft.  (Policy copied below).

Are there options for private use of these services, or to run them on-premise, or should I move my prototype to use TensorFlow?

Thanks,

Peter

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/cloudservices/cognitiveservices 

"Cognitive Services data. Cognitive Services collect and use many types of data, such as images, audio files, video files, or text, all of which may be retained by Microsoft indefinitely to improve Microsoft products and services, without a means for you to access or delete that retained data. Unless otherwise stated in documentation for a particular service, these services provide no means for you to store, access, extract, or delete customer data."

Peter Wood

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:55 AM