Installer RRS feed

• Question

• User-1599165767 posted
    Hi I am working on web application. I am looking for a installer which will install the application along with tables created in sql database. Can we create a installer using asp.net how to create sql script so that it woul create tables when installed please help
    Saturday, October 4, 2003 8:42 PM

All replies

• User713711876 posted
    Hi, There is an installer that comes with VS.Net - personally don't use it and prefer XCOPY as my requirements are fairly simple. My users are also fairly technical and it is good practice for them to understand where the various files and folders are located. My application uses MS SQL Server and I have the following script files... 1. Database&Tables 2. Logins&Users 3. StoredProcedures 4. Permissions I get users to run 4 MS DOS batch files that use OSQL to run the scripts but I am sure that you would be able to get the installer to run them for you automatically. This caters for customers who do not have Enterprise Manager. You could also just create 1 single script file but I have found that the first two only get run on installation and the second two on installation and after each update. Hope this helps. Steve.
    Monday, October 6, 2003 8:08 AM