The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Cannot connect to Azure Win 10 VM RRS feed

• Question

• I was working with a Win 10 VM. After some cleaning, the system asked for reboot. After VM restart I could not connect to my virtual machine any more. It seems that the OS is corrupted. How can I repair?
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:17 PM

All replies

• SCREEN SHOT

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

File: starvsc.sys

Error code: 0xc0000098

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:49 PM
  • We have some boot error troubleshooting guides here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/troubleshooting/boot-error-troubleshoot

All in all, looks like some critical files were deleted/ removed. 

Simplest solution is to rebuild the VM as getting a corrupted VM back up and running can be difficult and time consuming. It can also not be worth the effort if this was a newly created VM. 

Friday, October 11, 2019 12:37 AM
  • Hi Ambrogio,

Did the above reply by Micah helped you to solve your problem?

For the benefit of the community, Please click on "mark as answer" for the reply which helped you to solve your problem.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:27 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Just checking in if you got chance to check the response from Micah. 

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:37 AM