attaching of mdf file to crystal report RRS feed

• Question

• User2116114096 posted

hello friends.,

I'm unable to attach the mdf file i.e,

when i select  'DataBase Files from Create new connection that  from the Report creation Wizard'

i'll get an error in the 'Crystal Report ActiveX Designer' window that "failed load database information".

plz do concerned to this problem . . . .

Thanks,

praveen

Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:35 AM

All replies

• User863028031 posted

Hi,

You have the log file with mdf in same directory?

Sunday, August 28, 2011 3:28 PM
  • User2116114096 posted

ya friend . .

Saturday, September 3, 2011 3:23 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi praveen,

May I know how did you host your database? Did you host it with a shared hosting provider OR do you run your own server? If you run your own server, you should be able to attach the MDF file on your db server directly and then, you just have to link your Crystal Report with your database via web.config connection string.

If you run your database from a shared hosting provider, you cannot attach an MDF directly. This is simply because your MDF file refers to a location that  may not exist on the server. What you need to do is to make a full backup of your local database (into .bak file format) and you need to send this file to your host for restoration. Once it is restored, please ask your host to supply the connection string to their server and you just have to make a minor modification on your web.config

If you are unsure about all of this, you can simply register for Crystal Report service with asphostcentral.com. This is a pretty easy thing to do and your host should not give you much headache.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps!

:-) 

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:06 AM