setup web form app on new computer RRS feed

• Question

• User-127506019 posted

My company purchased a new windows 10 computer for me since my other one was 10 years old. Now I need to install visual studio 2010 on this computer for a vb.net 2010 web form application to run. This application is run using the built in visual studio 2010 web server (cassini) and does not IIS. Due to these facts, I thought I mention the following items:

1. Should I install SSIS manager on this computer first followed by visual studio 2010 and then followed by web deploy? Can you tell me what the order would be and potentially why?

2. When I do the install listed above, would the 'root directory' be setup automatically or would  I need to do something to setup the 'root' directory? If so, can you tell me what I would need to do?

3.  If this new computer runs out of space, it only has 117 KG, is there a way to only install particular portions of visual studio? IF so, what do I select? If not, if I would want to uninstall items loaded by Visual studio, how would I know what items I can remove?

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:19 PM

Answers

• User1771544211 posted

Hi peggy_girl,

1. Should I install SSIS manager on this computer first followed by visual studio 2010 and then followed by web deploy? Can you tell me what the order would be and potentially why?

Based on my experience, you don't need pay attention to the order of installing these programs.

2. When I do the install listed above, would the 'root directory' be setup automatically or would  I need to do something to setup the 'root' directory? If so, can you tell me what I would need to do?

I'd like to recommend that you change the root directory to these drives that don't used to store the system files. Usually we store the system files on C drive, so you'd better to change the root directory to D drive or E drive.

3.  If this new computer runs out of space, it only has 117 KG, is there a way to only install particular portions of visual studio? IF so, what do I select? If not, if I would want to uninstall items loaded by Visual studio, how would I know what items I can remove?

When you install the Visual Stuido, it will show the dialog that let you to choose which feature to install. You can choose these features that related to the ASP.NET development.

When you want to uninstall some feature, just run  the VS installer again and do the repair. Then you can uncheck these features.

Best Regards,

Jean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 6, 2017 6:12 AM