none
App not working on WinCE 6, but working when being debugged RRS feed

• Question

• As the thread title states, I have an app developed in .NET CF 3.5, C#, that works perfectly when being debugged from my development machine, but once I start the executables from the embedded board (WinCE 6.0), it doesn't work.

The problem appears to be related to the SerialPort somehow.

However, there is one more thing I'd like to add (basically, the reason for having this thread in this forum category): the apps works just fine in WinCE 5.0.

The app works like this: it opens the serial port (System.IO.SerialPort), and start writing arrays of bytes representing some commands for the device which the app is sending to. For each command, the device returns first an acknoledge byte and then a response array, which, if correct, is acknoledged by an acknoledge byte back from the app. The time required for the device to send out a complete response varies.

Please advise what I should be looking for.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:37 AM

All replies

• How are you deploying and debugging your application.?

Which interface are you using ? (Serial/USB/ethernet etc)

What error you are getting (related to serial port) when it is not working. "GetLastError()" ? Is some one else has already opened the port ?

-- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tesbv.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:45 AM
  • The interface used is Ethernet.

I don't think there is any error, to be honest, bacause I don't get any kind of exceptions or stuff like that...

Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:59 PM
  • I also replied to your thread in the other forum, but one more thought occurred to me: are you sure the .NET CF is built into the device? Is it possible that the application in some way counts on the strings file (error message strings), that the debugger installs?

Paul T.

Friday, November 18, 2011 5:09 PM