none
MS Word 2007 - KB2251419 causes one more problem related to controls inserted on document RRS feed

• Question

• MS Word 2007 - KB2251419 causes one more problem related to controls inserted on document.

If a document containing controls is embedded by means of CreateFromFile method WINWORD.EXE process stays on list of processes after application with embedded document is closed. I hoped that hotfix 2449499 will resolve also my issue, but it does not.

Thank you, Piotrek   

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Piotr,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Do you meet problem when you embedded a content control which comes from a ocx or dll file of the customer?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 25, 2011 7:19 AM
  •  

It can be reproduced using Microsoft software only.

Scenario:

Create new document in MS Word 2007. From Controls toolbox insert an ActiveX control – button for example. Save document and close Word application.

From Excel application (I have Excel XP) use Insert/Object/Create from File, select previously created document. Close Excel application. After that WINWORD.EXE process is still running and it still keeps open the document. Such problem did not exist before KB2251419 and later security updates.

In our application we use embedded word documents utilizing CreateFromFile method. The real problem is that MS Word keeps documents open, so we cannot do anything with those files. The only one workaround I found is to use _Application::Quit method, but I don’t like it (it cannot be used if user run MS Word application outside our application).

Thank you, Piotrek     

Monday, March 28, 2011 4:46 PM