Dynamic Trigger Scope RRS feed

• Question

• We are looking to reduce the amount of changes that we need to do when we export our Data Factory DEV environment and import it into our QA environment.  For many of our setting we are using Azure Key Vault.  We have three different key vaults (DEV, QA, and PROD)  We are also using three different storage accounts (DEV, QA, and PROD)

My question is this, is there a way to define the scope of an event based trigger, to have the scope defined in a key vault.  The key vault name would remain the same between key vaults (TriggerScope) but the value would change depending on the environment.  If this is possible, then the only value we would need to change is the location of the key vault.

kevin 

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hello kevin and thank you for your question.  I really like your idea, what you want to do, but I'm afraid it is not possible at this time.  Triggers, event triggers especially, are not set up to use Key vault in that way.  For example, suppose you have an event trigger running, configured to get the scope from key vault.  While running, someone changes the value in the key vault.  Should the trigger continue to use the old value, or subscribe to the new scope?

Still, I like your idea.  You can suggest it as a new feature in the feedback forum.  If you do, kindly put a link to it here so others may upvote.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 11:10 PM