How to change part of an array value in Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Pls any body can tell me How to change part of an array value?.If i try to change array value "Microsoft Excel" popups a dialog stating "You cannot change part of an array."

Somebody have mention to use "Ctrl+Shift+Enter" but this will change entire array value.So I need a change a specific cell value.

Code:

Function parseArrayData(arrayData As String) As Variant
         parseArrayData = Evaluate(arrayData)  
    End Function

Regards,
    Gnanaprakash

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:00 PM

Answers

• Per an Excel expert:

You can't. To elaborate, you have to break the array. For instance – if you type: =SUM(IF($A$2:$A$25=D2,$B$2:$B$25)) in a single cell and control shift enter, and then copy the cells down, you can delete one of the cells, and it will work

But if you select five cells and enter the same formula in all of them at once, you have created an array and you can’t change part of it.

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 6:00 PM

All replies

• Per an Excel expert:

You can't. To elaborate, you have to break the array. For instance – if you type: =SUM(IF($A$2:$A$25=D2,$B$2:$B$25)) in a single cell and control shift enter, and then copy the cells down, you can delete one of the cells, and it will work

But if you select five cells and enter the same formula in all of them at once, you have created an array and you can’t change part of it.

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 6:00 PM
  • Now that I have discovered that i have created this ARRAY, How do I delete it?

clarenceCICS

Friday, December 10, 2010 10:03 PM