none
How invalidate all the Ribbons in Outlooks (both Explorers and Inspectors) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I've added a custom button in the Explorer window and in the Inspector window (for new Emails) using XML files. The button image shows whether the Add-in settings are valid. And when the user clicks the button they can correct the settings. Once this is done the IRibbonUI.Invalidate() method is called to refresh the Ribbons and to display the correct image on the button to indicate the settings are now valid.

The problem is if I have 2 Explorers windows open and 2 Inspector windows open, the IRibbonUI.Invalidate() method only refreshes the ribbon on the Active window (and the other 3 windows are left displaying the wrong image on the button).

The question is, how can I Invalidate all the Ribbons in all the open windows?

Many thanks

Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:19 AM

Answers

• maybe try calling Invalidate passing id of your button as parameter. Outlook cannot respond to invalidation calls for inactive window as it has nothing to pass for those callbacks - active window is completly different one and quite often people depend on ActiveExplorer/Inspector to do something
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:30 AM

All replies

• maybe try calling Invalidate passing id of your button as parameter. Outlook cannot respond to invalidation calls for inactive window as it has nothing to pass for those callbacks - active window is completly different one and quite often people depend on ActiveExplorer/Inspector to do something
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:30 AM
  • I'll give that ago.

Thank you.

Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:23 AM