Not all files picked up RRS feed

• Question

• I am converting an existing application from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008. The foreach is looking for files, some of which have the same first 12 characters. When I run the application the foreach loop picks up the 1st 4 files with the same 1st 12 characters and ignores the others. It does not error, just ignores the files. When I change the file names to make them unique by the 7th character, the foreach loop picks up all the files.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:28 AM

Answers

• The file pickup is done using an expression which specifies the 1st 3 digits of the filename followed by a wildcard (LOP*.xls). The filenames are LOPTsc Body & Sublime Bronze.xlsm, LOPTsc Cosmetics.xlsm,LOPTsc Haircare-Colour.xlsm, LOPTsc Ireland.xlsm, LOPTsc Mens-deos.xlsm, LOPTsc Skincare.xlsm and LOPTsc Styling.xlsm. I have changed the LOP*.xls to LOP*.xlsm and the issue is resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Geof Peck Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:42 AM

All replies

• What is involved in picking the files up, is it an expression applied to a package variable?

What are the file names?

Give as much info as possible.

Arthur My Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:18 PM
  • The file pickup is done using an expression which specifies the 1st 3 digits of the filename followed by a wildcard (LOP*.xls). The filenames are LOPTsc Body & Sublime Bronze.xlsm, LOPTsc Cosmetics.xlsm,LOPTsc Haircare-Colour.xlsm, LOPTsc Ireland.xlsm, LOPTsc Mens-deos.xlsm, LOPTsc Skincare.xlsm and LOPTsc Styling.xlsm. I have changed the LOP*.xls to LOP*.xlsm and the issue is resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Geof Peck Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:42 AM