none
Is there an Office Online API? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to integrate Office Online in my own web application and would prefer to work with PHP and/or Javascript. Does Office Online have an API that is available? If not, what other options are there?

I found several posts on forums saying that there wasn't one but since the dates on those were some time ago I was wondering if there was an API now.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Monday, April 13, 2015 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Vincent,

>>I would like to view and edit documents (docx for example) that are stored on my own server. <<

Did you want to embed an Word document in the web page? If I understood correctly, as far as I konw, whereh is no such API we can achieve the goal. However we are able to embed an Excel workbook on your web page or blog from OneDrive. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Share it: Embed an Excel workbook on your web page or blog from OneDrive

Also we can delploy the Office online sevice on a SharePoint site to provide view and edit function for the Office documents. If you have any issue about Office online service, I suggest that you reopen a new thread in ShrePoint forum.

If you want to use 'Office Online API' to create/get in the document which story on a server, we can use Office 365 API to achieve the goal. To access the Files API, you need to register your app in Microsoft Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, or a OneDrive for Business site, authenticate your app, and then get an access token.

You can get more detail about Files REST API(Office 365 API) from link below:
    Using the Files REST API

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:11 AM

All replies

• Vincent,

What exactly do you need to implement in your web application? Could you be more specific?

Monday, April 13, 2015 2:19 PM
  • I would like to view and edit documents (docx for example) that are stored on my own server. 

Kind regards,

Vincent

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:42 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

>>I would like to view and edit documents (docx for example) that are stored on my own server. <<

Did you want to embed an Word document in the web page? If I understood correctly, as far as I konw, whereh is no such API we can achieve the goal. However we are able to embed an Excel workbook on your web page or blog from OneDrive. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Share it: Embed an Excel workbook on your web page or blog from OneDrive

Also we can delploy the Office online sevice on a SharePoint site to provide view and edit function for the Office documents. If you have any issue about Office online service, I suggest that you reopen a new thread in ShrePoint forum.

If you want to use 'Office Online API' to create/get in the document which story on a server, we can use Office 365 API to achieve the goal. To access the Files API, you need to register your app in Microsoft Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, or a OneDrive for Business site, authenticate your app, and then get an access token.

You can get more detail about Files REST API(Office 365 API) from link below:
    Using the Files REST API

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:11 AM