none
Question about "Repeating table of infopath form as sharepoint list" post

Question

• I am needing to loop through a repeating table and create/update an item in another list. I am using a form library and do not want to use the repeating sections in a list form.  In the solution that Ravi Shankar 123 gave on this matter, in the above titled issue, the images are not displayed.  I understand dictionaries and have used them multiple times; however, I am receiving an error in my workflow that states "The token ':' was expected but found ','. at System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.".  I have gone through my subdictionary and functions with a fine toothed comb for the last day and a half.  Did you create the "Sum of Rows field" as a field within the repeating table or did you create a new group within the repeating table?  Either way, my workflow is suspending and giving me the same error.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi LoveHateSP,

From the error message, it seems that you have a “,” that should be write as “:” in the formula, please check your formula again.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:55 AM
  • Thank you for your response.  I already have looked through my formula multiple times for the past 72 hours and this is not the situation.  It could be that the Json isn't translating properly when being read from Infopath to variable in SPD?  I followed his instructions implicitly.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi  LoveHateSP,

You can share the detailed steps and screenshots about your issue, then we can try to reproduce and troubleshoot with it.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 22, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Sorry, I cannot add images or links until my account is verified.  But the following is a copy/paste version of what I have in my fields and a synopsis of my plan. 

I built a SumOfRows subdictionary by concatenating the rows of data in the EquipmentTable repeating table.  Two fields FirstQuote and SecondQuote with " as the value were created because concatenate omits " if directly input into the formula.

concat("{", FirstQuote, "Equipment Type", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, EquipType, SecondQuote, ",", FirstQuote, "Manufacturer", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, Manufacturer, SecondQuote, ",", FirstQuote, "MEID/Serial Num", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, MEIDSerial, SecondQuote, ",", FirstQuote, "Comments at Issue", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, CommentsUponIssue, SecondQuote, ",", FirstQuote, "Location", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, Location, SecondQuote, ",", FirstQuote, "Comments on Return", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, CommentsReturn, SecondQuote, ",", FirstQuote, "EE Name", SecondQuote, ":", FirstQuote, EENameHidden, SecondQuote, ",", "}")

Then a field MainDictionary with the following formula was created for merging:

eval(eval(EquipmentTable, 'concat(my:SumOfRows, ";")'), "..")

The output does not include brackets for creating a dictionary so the following field TotalConcatMainDictionary was created: 

concat("[", MainDictionary, "]")

Then in SharePoint Designer, I created a 2013 workflow to loop through this dictionary.  I started by building a dictionary variable (getMainDictionary) from the TotalConcatMainDictionary field.  Then I count the items in that dictionary for looping purposes.  After, an email should be sent to me with the contents of the getMainDictioary items.  But the workflow suspends and never gets to the email.  I just get the error mentioned above...that a "," where a ":" is expected.

Monday, April 22, 2019 4:39 PM