App package release vs debug

Question

• In win 8 if the package was built in debug mode it failed the WACK. I've just tested an 8.1 app and it passes the debug test in the new cert test kit. Does this mean that the packages are now automatically built in release mode or must I still set my app to release ?
    • Moved by Roberts_E Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:36 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 5:01 PM

Answers

• You must still set the app to release. A debug build should fail the debug configuration test (unless you disable it), and I just confirmed that a simple debug-built app failed that test for me.

Visual Studio won't offer to run the cert kit for you if you don't include a non-debug build.

--Rob

Friday, November 8, 2013 2:06 AM

All replies

• You must still set the app to release. A debug build should fail the debug configuration test (unless you disable it), and I just confirmed that a simple debug-built app failed that test for me.

Visual Studio won't offer to run the cert kit for you if you don't include a non-debug build.

--Rob

Friday, November 8, 2013 2:06 AM
  • The app package was built via the store/create app packages option/upload to store which only has the release option. I can't remember if it was like that before, if it wasn't then it's a welcome improvement which will save people some hassle, but either way I'm probably just being confused.

-Thanks

Friday, November 8, 2013 10:23 AM