none
Outlook setSelectedDataAsync and prependAsync returning error for HTML formatted text RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've been using the setSelectedDataAsync and prependAsync functions in the Compose view to successfully insert HTML text into message bodies for about a month now, passing in the coercisionType: 'html'.

    But I go to try our insertion setup today, and I'm getting an failed status in the asyncResult.  Code: 9002, Message: "There was an internal format error."

    What's weird is this error is only showing up on one of our accounts (that I've seen), and only on the OWA web for HTML.  The same account with the same code works in the Outlook client, and it works fine with text-only merging.

    I did some deeper debugging using the Office debug scripts, and I found that the error message that generates the asyncResult is "Sys.InvalidOperationException", result code -3, if that means anything to anyone.

    Reloading and relogging into the account on the Outlook web doesn't make a difference.  And Chrome vs IE doesn't make a difference.



    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:44 PM

Answers

  • Hi N. Dresselhaus,

    Thanks for bringing this up. This issue has been identified, and the fix is currently being deployed to the service.  The issue should be resolved in the next couple of days.

    Cheers,

    -Wamwitha

    • Proposed as answer by Adam Sheldon Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by N. Dresselhaus Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:51 PM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 7:08 PM