Windows store app - reference missing on creation

Question

• I created a windows store app and in the project references there are two:

-Windows

-.NET for Windows Store apps

Then I created another solution on a different computer and the reference .NET for Windows Store apps is not added which leads to errors and not a clean compile.

The versions of the .NET framework is the same and the folder which the SDK leads to is the same.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETCore\v4.5 exists on both machines.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

• Edited by MartinZPetrov Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:15 AM
    • Moved by Mike Danes Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:22 AM store specific
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:08 AM

All replies

• Store apps don't use the same .net framework as windows forms or wpf. If you want to share code between the 2 app types you need to use a portable class library
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:36 PM
  • I do not want to share anything between the two apps. I want the app on the second machine to compile and to add the missing reference .NET for Windows Store apps automatically as it is pointed in the documentation. 
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:55 PM
  • Hi MartinZPetrov,

May I know if your second machine is also Win8/8.1 operation system and have same Visual Studio installed? The project reference should be there is your environment is same.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:03 AM