none
Double space issue in word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently converting all my word 97 documents to word 2010.

I need to mail merge the document.

In the development mode of word the double space is present after period (Full stop).

After generating the document through application , the double space is not appearing.

Eg.,.

Before : to.  But 

After Generating: to.But

Thanks.

Friday, February 6, 2015 6:44 AM

All replies

• Although the MERGEFIELDs in a mailmerge main document are replaced by their results when a merge is finished, they do not make any changes to the number of space characters, tabs, etc. that were present in the mailmerge main document. Of course, if the mailmerge main document uses paragraph justification, the replacement of the MERGEFIELDs by their results can affect how many words fit on each line and, hence, the physical spacing between words.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, February 6, 2015 10:23 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

I am wondering whether you could reproduce your issue manually. If it also occurs when you manually generate, it seems to be a product related issue. If it works correctly when you manually generate, but not correctly in your development, I recommend you share more details about your program and it would be helpful if you could share us a simple demo to reproduce your issue.

If your issue is a product related issue, I would recommend go to the link below for help:

# Word IT Pro Discussions
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=word

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:03 AM
  • Hi Pradeep

You don't really provide enough information about how this document is constructed, what you mean by "development mode" and what actions this "mode" executes. That means anyone trying to help you can only guess what might be going on...

Could you please provide more details about

1. What the document contains

2. What "development mode" is. If it's (VBA?) code, it will help if you show us the code

3. If this is mail merge, what is the data source? (Another Word document, an Excel workbook, a database...)

4. Are the problems appearing in data coming from the data source (in mail merge field results) or in other text?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:36 PM