how to build xml file for CCR and CCD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on CCR-CCD example.
    It will be help full if anyone could explain me how to build the xml file for medication or any data type.

Thanks
    Sathya N

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Sathya,

The CCR-CCD example in the SDK only demonstrates adding and retrieving those types from a HealthVault record using the two included sample files.  If your application is using CCR or CCD files, you will have to generate the file yourself.  Remember that HealthVault also has native data types, so you do not need to create a CCR or CCD in order to add data to HealthVault.

-Matt W.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Sathya,

The CCR-CCD example in the SDK only demonstrates adding and retrieving those types from a HealthVault record using the two included sample files.  If your application is using CCR or CCD files, you will have to generate the file yourself.  Remember that HealthVault also has native data types, so you do not need to create a CCR or CCD in order to add data to HealthVault.

-Matt W.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:48 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Can you kindly guide me how can i generate CCD files on my own. I tried to modify the CCD.xml file given in the SDK sample for my own. I think that format  have copy rights. So kindly guide me how can i create my own CCD file

Thanks
    Sathya N
    Friday, February 20, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Hi Sathya,

CCD is a representation of the ATSM CCR standard using the HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) R2.  The HL7 organization provides some guidance, tools, and resources for getting started at demo.hl7.org.  You'll definitely want to read through these in particular:

CCD Implementation Guide
    Quick Start Guide for CDA R2

These are fairly complex standards and it can take a bit of time to get up to speed.  I hope this helps you out!

-Matt W.

Friday, February 20, 2009 10:02 PM
  • Hi Matt,

So can I assume that the HealthVault SDK does not help in anyway to generate CCD which can then be input to Healthvault.
    We are thinking of exporting a CCD file which our users can upload into healthvault themselves

Viren
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:15 PM
  • Viren,

While HealthVault supports these documents, it does not help you generate one.

Raj
    Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:43 PM