none
How do you use a SQLDataReader in a class to populate labels in an asp.net form RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a class with method to insert, update, and delete. I want a method to select a row from a database and place the fields from the database into labels on my web page. I'm working on a record cover. So I put in the ID the users data populates the rest of the cover labels. I want to use a sqldatareader for speed. How do you do that? Know any tutorials or examples?
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by bthumber Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by bthumber Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by bthumber Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:49 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 1:05 AM
  • I did find an answer to my question in the ASP.NET forum. Thanks for asking. I found the best thing to do was to use a collection and list to solve the problem.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:47 PM

All replies

• The following should help get you going:

http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/Database/ADO-NET-101-SqlDataReader/

If you have ASP.NET specific questions you may want to post to those forums as well:

http://forums.asp.net/

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:56 PM
  • So want is this forum for???
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:58 PM
  • The forum is for questions concerning ADO.NET and the supported database providers. While we can certainly help you with the database side you will probably get better help for ASP.NET in the those forums.

But feel free to follow up with any additional questions and we will see what we can help you with.
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Hello,

Welcome to ADO.NET Data Providers forum!

Paul is right!  The forum here is mainly for questions for different ADO.NET data providers.  Of course, the SQL Server provider is one of them, but the ASP.NET data access questions are better supported at the Data Access forums in ASP.NET Forums, http://forums.asp.net/23.aspx, which is for questions and discussions related to using ADO.NET for data access and the ObjectDataSource control.   I know many experts are helping us there and I believe that you can get lots of helpful information and references there.   One of them is the ASP.NET Data Access FAQ, http://forums.asp.net/t/1362351.aspx.  

Besides, I have noticed that you also open a thread about the same topic in ADO.NET DataSet forum, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetdataset/thread/bb1eca5e-dadb-41aa-918f-0003a8c3863a.   Let’s continue the discussion here please, to avoid some duplicate threads.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 6:07 AM
  • Hello,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Monday, January 25, 2010 1:05 AM
  • I did find an answer to my question in the ASP.NET forum. Thanks for asking. I found the best thing to do was to use a collection and list to solve the problem.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:47 PM
  • Hello,

I am glad that the problem has been resolved.  :) 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:50 AM