Create a passcode screen lock store app

Question

• I want to create a store app always kept on top, forbids users to close it or switch tasks until enter correct passcode. Is it possible to achieve this? f.e. use SetWindowsHookEx like functions to set global keyboard hook to suppress task switch keys, any ideas?

• Edited by hiro yi Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:47 AM
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:41 AM

All replies

• Are you trying to suppress this from inside your Windows Store app out globally? What is the scenario you are trying to achieve?

Windows Store apps cannot set hooks or control how the user wishes to size it.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:18 PM
    Owner
  • I'd like to write a passcode screen lock store app, and FYI, Windows 10 store apps do allow users to control its windowed mode size.

• Edited by hiro yi Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:31 PM
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:28 PM
  • I'd like to write a passcode screen lock store app,

Can you explain what you mean by this? Are you trying to create an app which can lock out the system? That's not possible from a Windows Store app.

FYI, Windows 10 store apps do allow users to control its windowed mode size.

This is true, but not relevant. As I understand it, you're trying to do the reverse and have the app control its windowed mode size. The app cannot control how the user wishes to size it. The user is in control.

Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:36 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

You are right, store apps size is not relevant, the problem is to keep the app on top. I want to create a full screen store app that forbids users to close it or switch tasks, can you help me explain why this is not possible?

• Edited by hiro yi Friday, April 10, 2015 1:45 AM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 1:34 AM