none
WCF-SQL Adapter with notification stays silent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I'm having a difficult problem. I just moved a solution from verification to the production environment...

I'm using a Receive location with WCF-SQL Adapter (Actually a WCF-Custom but configured for SQL) configured for notification operation. The bindings are the same (exported and imported)

This receive location is working in the verification environment flawlessly but does not get notified in production.

The strange thing is that the port doesn’t fail. It does fail when I disable the service broker for the database…

As long as I can see thru sql profiler both verification and production executes the same sql statement. But production does absolutely nothing after I insert a row to the Customers table.

Both servers run the same version of Biztalk (2010) with Cumulative Update 4 (do to the fact that verification did have both CU1, CU4 and KB2592430 installed) all which of are included in CU4.

When I tried to redirect the verification receive location to the production database then BizTalk did got notified…

So I think I’m missing something on the production BizTalk machine. But what would that be?

I’ve googled for hours now, please help! J

• Edited by TheKatona Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:38 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are using the same binding file for the port, there should be no differences in the properties. Do you see anything in event log on prod. I would suggest if there are any retries enabled just keep the retries to 0 and test once.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:01 AM