none
How to use servicemanagement api notifications of windows azure pack RRS feed

• Question

• Intro:

The Service Management API keeps track of events within the Service Management System and sends notifications to any registered subscriber (e.g. a billing adapter). Examples of the events are subscription creation, account creation, etc. Notifications are sent as a Post call to an end point defined in Service management API. The web.config file of Service Management API can be used to define the required notification end point. Any events that are triggered by the API will then be sent to this end point. 

I want to subscribe for the events raised by Windows azure pack (Admin API) for Create/Update/Delete Account/Plan/Subscription/Add-on; For this I can use the web.config of the Windows azure pack Admin API but the questions here are

1. How to capture the notification in my listener application.

2. How can i differentiate between the events.

3. What are all the events raised by Service Management API

Is there any sample code/application which can help us to understand more deeply ...?

It would be a great help if you can provide some pointers on this..

-Subhash

Monday, July 29, 2013 9:54 AM

Answers

• Thanks Wei, With the provided sample I could able to get the basic notifications like Create/Delete Plan/Subscriptions

the question here is,

Q1. Is there any specific notification for the User Create/Delete (without subscription associated with the user) a use case is: Sign up a user from the Tenant portal (will create the user but no subscriptions);

I don't see anything related to user creation in the Table  [Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Usage].[Notification].[NotificationEvents]. So is this intended that user with no subscription is not considered for anything (like billing)...?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

~Subhash

Thursday, August 8, 2013 11:46 AM

All replies

• reach you offline.
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:08 AM
  • Thanks Wei, With the provided sample I could able to get the basic notifications like Create/Delete Plan/Subscriptions

the question here is,

Q1. Is there any specific notification for the User Create/Delete (without subscription associated with the user) a use case is: Sign up a user from the Tenant portal (will create the user but no subscriptions);

I don't see anything related to user creation in the Table  [Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Usage].[Notification].[NotificationEvents]. So is this intended that user with no subscription is not considered for anything (like billing)...?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

~Subhash

Thursday, August 8, 2013 11:46 AM
  • Hi, Any chance of getting the same notification sample? I'm looking to do the same as Subhash mention in his post.

Thanks,

Morten Christensen

Sunday, October 6, 2013 5:59 AM