CodedUI script is run in loop large amount of memory is utilized by QTAgent32 RRS feed

• Question

• when CodedUI script is run in loop large amount of memory is utilized by QTAgent32. Is there a way to reduce the memory usage or explicit garbage collect or Dispose kind of a approach.
    • Moved by Barry Wang Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:07 AM CodedUI test related (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi

Can you check which object are still in memory and their GCRoot? You can use Windbg to do that.

Thanks & Regards Siddhartha

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:50 AM
  • Hi Gleeson,

I think Siddhartha’s suggestion is help, you would check which object impacted the memory Usage.

In addition, this issue might be the limit with physical machine resource and you could update the hard ware or kill other useless process to check this issue. You could check your Task Manager.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Hi Gleeson,

If it's a singular test you may want to have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd692842.aspx for some options. If its a test as part of a suite you may also want to set the test execution engine to restart the QTAgent process by selecting tools, test execution, keep test execution running between test runs (set it to not ticked).

The other thing you should look at is trying to step through the code and see where you might be consumind the most memory. Windows Debugging Tools may help but start simple and work your way out.

Give me a shout if any of that helps!

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Gleeson,

Thanks for your post.

Your issue sounds more related to CodedUI forum so I have moved it.

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:08 AM
  • Hi

Can you check which object are still in memory and their GCRoot? You can use Windbg to do that.

Thanks & Regards Siddhartha

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:50 AM
  • Hi Gleeson,

I think Siddhartha’s suggestion is help, you would check which object impacted the memory Usage.

In addition, this issue might be the limit with physical machine resource and you could update the hard ware or kill other useless process to check this issue. You could check your Task Manager.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Hi Gleeson,

If it's a singular test you may want to have a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd692842.aspx for some options. If its a test as part of a suite you may also want to set the test execution engine to restart the QTAgent process by selecting tools, test execution, keep test execution running between test runs (set it to not ticked).

The other thing you should look at is trying to step through the code and see where you might be consumind the most memory. Windows Debugging Tools may help but start simple and work your way out.

Give me a shout if any of that helps!

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:55 AM