Dsshost.exe exited with code 2? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am experiencing an error I have never seen until 2.0.

When I try to debug a service with a specified manifest file, I get the following error in the output:

*** Invalid manifest identifier: file:///C:/Microsoft%20Robotics%20Dev%20Studio%202008/Sub_CPU1.manifest.xml

The program '[5000] DssHost.exe: Managed' has exited with code 2 (0x2).

Note that is ALL I get regardless of the verbosity setting.

When I startup a dsshost node via command prompt, and specify the same manifest, everything runs just fine with no problems.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Don

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 4:40 AM

Answers

• Wow, I can't believe I missed this. I must have looked at the file reference in the error message 1000 times and never noticed that it didn't contain /bin/. It wasn't looking in the /bin/ directory, which makes perfect sense.

I needed to set my working directory to MSRDS/bin, which is what I thought it was in the first place.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 6:01 PM

All replies

• This may be because the manifest file is not found while debugging. Reason for this:

The manifest file is placed in the "Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008\samples\Config" directory and your solution folder does not conatain the copy of it. So, the debugger will search for the manifest file in current location and it will fail. One easy way to handle this is, to copy the manifest file into the solution folder.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 5:46 PM
  • Hi Yadab, thanks for the response.

I have my debug action set to "Start External Program", which is DssHost.exe. I give it command line arguements just as if I was calling it from command line:

-p:42000 -t:42001 -m:"Sub_CPU1.manifest.xml"

This should not have anything to do with my solution directory. Also, I have the manifest file set to copy to output directory (MSRDS\bin), which is where dsshost is looking for them. I am not sure about /samples/config. None of my manifests have ever been copied there on build.

Thanks,

Don

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 5:58 PM
  • Wow, I can't believe I missed this. I must have looked at the file reference in the error message 1000 times and never noticed that it didn't contain /bin/. It wasn't looking in the /bin/ directory, which makes perfect sense.

I needed to set my working directory to MSRDS/bin, which is what I thought it was in the first place.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 6:01 PM