not reflect actual result after child activity updated without compile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have 1 main and 1 child activity, both activities are in xaml form.  When i use rehost designer to update the child activity without recompile it, the actual result did not reflect in the main activity.  However it did reflect if i only invoke child activity.

May I know how to call child workflow from a parent workflow?

Kindly help!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you really want to load updated XAML child activities without recompiling them, you can use the sample at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dglick/archive/2010/01/14/referencing-dynamic-activities-reusing-workflow-activities-without-compilation.aspx. But your life will be easier if you just recompile the child. :)

• Proposed as answer by Dan Glick - MSFT Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by tzewen Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for your advise.  This is not exactly what i want.  I can't hard code the child activity as dynamic activity schema context in the cs file.  I would like to let user to redesign the parent activity in rehost designer.

Is there any help to allow dynamic child activity control in xaml instead of .cs code?

Regards,

TzeWen

Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:35 AM
  • Hi Dan,

From the information that you are provided, i found that i can use a custom activity to invoke child workflow and it's work fine.

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:31 AM