'DeleteButton' in TextBox control gone?

Question

• How do I get the 'DeleteButton' inside a textbox to show?

I remember them coming up by default in WP8 but cant seem to make it work in WP8.1. Has it been removed? Or is there a specific condition you need to meet to display them?

Monday, March 09, 2015 2:00 AM

Answers

• I don't ever recall this being available in TextBox, but I might be wrong. In any case, there's not a property that defines this, so you'll have to roll your own if you want it.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by maeneak Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:28 PM
    Monday, March 09, 2015 2:29 PM

All replies

• I don't ever recall this being available in TextBox, but I might be wrong. In any case, there's not a property that defines this, so you'll have to roll your own if you want it.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by maeneak Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:28 PM
    Monday, March 09, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Hello maeneak,

there's no built-in DeleteButton for the textbox.You can implement your own user control or use the Telerik UI([1]) in which has a built-in DeleteButton.

[1] http://www.telerik.com/windows-universal-ui

Regards,
    Bo Liu
    Developer-Hotline for MSDN Online Germany

Disclaimer:
    Please take into consideration, that further inquiries cannot or will be answered with delay.
    For further information please contact us per telephone through the MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline: http://www.msdn-online.de/Hotline
    MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline: Fast and professional help for software developers free of charge!

For this post by the MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline the following terms and conditions apply: Trademarks, Privacy as well as the separate terms of use for the MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline .

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Really? Maybe I'm thinking of windows not windows phone. Seems this would be a good addition, must be a real estate issue on smaller devices. Cheers
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:30 PM