none
Change from free + in-app purchase to paid

Question

• Hi,

I have an app which is currently free with an in-app purchase which upgrades to certain "pro" features.  I want to change this so that the app becomes paid-only and then remove the in-app purchase seeing as people are now paying upfront for the application.

I have made the changes to my app to support this new logic, i.e. users cannot do the in-app purchase anymore as they now pay for it upfront.  In my dashboard however when I submit the application to the app store it still lists the existing in-app purchase and there is no way to delete it.  

One of the test you guys do during app submission is to ensure that the in-app purchase experience works correctly.  Will my app submission fail seeing as users now have now way to do the in-app purchase anymore, which actually should not even exist?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jerrie,

Great question. There should not be a problem with submitting your app as long as the unused product IDs are no longer referenced in your app. If you need any further assistance with this, you can contact developer support.

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:17 PM
  • Thanks Jonathan, the app approval went through without any problems :)
    Friday, January 31, 2014 12:29 AM
  • Apologies for bumping this thread, I'm going to be going through a similar transition and I'm just wondering how this worked out for you and whether you encountered any problems with it?

Did you have to make any special consideration for customers who had unlocked the app with the in-app purchase or previously downloaded the app but not made the purchase?

Thanks!

Mike

Friday, August 26, 2016 4:25 PM