The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

MediaElement on a Silverlight app and A2DP bluetooth profile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am getting reports from users who are saying that their A2DP bluetooth device does not play back music playing in my app. My app is using the MediaElement control to play streams of music. Is this a known issue? Is it by design? Is there a workaround?
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:23 PM

All replies

• Bump.. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:51 PM
  • I've seen this happen with my (and other apps). Basically the phone got stuck in a mode where all OS sounds were being routed through a2dp, but none of the sounds from the apps were. I'm not sure how it resolved itself, but a day later it seemed to be working. I tried rebooting the phone, repairing the bluetooth, all kinds of stuff that didn't work. I wish I could tell you the magic formula to fix it, but it just started working again for me.
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:16 PM
  • Anyone on the Silverlight/WinPhone7 teams care to comment?
    In my case, it's like what Social Ebola observes - never works.
    But an inconsistent behavior, such as Momenta mentions, is even worse than an undesirable consistent behavior.
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:33 AM
  • I have forwarded this inquiry to the product team.  But I also find that there are some known A2DP sync routing issues that are scheduled for correction in a future release.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Mark

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Bumping this some what older post as I'm now encountering this same issue with my application.  Using a MediaElement to stream music in my app, that will not stream through Bluetooth.  Anyone have a solution to this?  Should I try using IIS Smooth Streaming Client instead?
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:04 PM