New SDK Versions RRS feed

• Question

• Installed Windows Mobile version 6.5 [professional/standard].  Versions 6.5 appear in the emulator options but not the platform options when creating a new project.   SDK's for version 6.0 just before and they appear as both emulators and platform options.  Is troubleshooting indicated or reinstall?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I guess as Windows Mobile 6.5 is a DTK and dependent on Windows Mobile 6 hence, WM 6 is being displayed as the base and not WM 6.5. I think it is proper. It happens for me too.

Thank you,
    CED
    • Proposed as answer by C.E.D Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, November 2, 2009 2:30 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

As CED told, Windows Mobile 6.5 is just DTK but not SDK. So you can build 6.5 applications based on WM 6.0. As 6.5 is not SDK it does not allow to create as a separate project.

Note: The DTK contains emulators, gesture APIs, and samples useful for developing Windows Mobile 6.5 applications. You will still need to install Visual Studio and the Windows Mobile 6 SDK prior to running the toolkit installer.

Regards,
    Malleswar

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess as Windows Mobile 6.5 is a DTK and dependent on Windows Mobile 6 hence, WM 6 is being displayed as the base and not WM 6.5. I think it is proper. It happens for me too.

Thank you,
    CED
    • Proposed as answer by C.E.D Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:50 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

As CED told, Windows Mobile 6.5 is just DTK but not SDK. So you can build 6.5 applications based on WM 6.0. As 6.5 is not SDK it does not allow to create as a separate project.

Note: The DTK contains emulators, gesture APIs, and samples useful for developing Windows Mobile 6.5 applications. You will still need to install Visual Studio and the Windows Mobile 6 SDK prior to running the toolkit installer.

Regards,
    Malleswar

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:05 PM