log4net Problem when I deploy RRS feed

• Question

• User-1607014451 posted

Hi All,

I get the following error when I deploy to the production server.

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 5:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
    Line 6:     
    Line 7:      <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="myCrystalReportViewer" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true"
    Line 8:      ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" />
    Line 9:      <CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server">

The following is in my bin folder

CRVsPackageLib.dll

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Design.dll

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.TemplateEngine.dll

CrystalDecisions.Data.AdoDotNetInterop.dll

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Viewing.ReportSource.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonControls.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CubeDefModel.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ObjectFactory.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Prompting.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.XmlSerialize.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll

CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll

CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.dll

CrystalDecisions.Web.dll

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

CRRuntime_32bit_13_0.msi

product.xml

Im not allowed to install anything except the app on the server.

Any help please.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 1:07 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

see in your PC if you have log4net and in the deploy if you have log4net

Saturday, January 15, 2011 2:38 AM
  • User-1607014451 posted

Thank you for the reply, I did a search for the file and could not find it on the development machine or production server.

Im developing a web app on Visual Studio 2010 Prof. and using Crystal Reports Product ID BuildVersion=13.0.0.99.Cortez_CR4VS

Saturday, January 15, 2011 2:48 AM
  • User-1607014451 posted

I just found a log4net.dll ver  1.2.10 under my blackbery directory on my development machine

Saturday, January 15, 2011 3:09 AM
  • User-1607014451 posted

Ok I've Added it to my Bin Dir and then the following error show

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 5:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
    Line 6:     
    Line 7:      <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="myCrystalReportViewer" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true"
    Line 8:      ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" />
    Line 9:      <CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server">

Please I need help.... 

Saturday, January 15, 2011 3:22 AM
  • User197322208 posted

please search in your project WHERE do you have a reference to log4net. Search for text inside the files(like .csproj, .vbproj, .vb, .cs - better all)

The reference must come from somewhere!

Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:54 AM
  • User441600888 posted

HI,

scuse me for mi english, OK!.

I have the same problem with you, exactilly the same, if you solve this, please, say how .

thank

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:23 PM
  • User-1607014451 posted

Hi,

I did not solve the problem, I'm currently using Visual Studio reports.

This may help you, check the following on you application properties > Compile > Advanced Compile Options that the targer cpu is set to x86. I think this will solve your problem. I found when I change this setting the error return. I did not try Crystal again after I made the change. Please if you get it fixed let me know.

Thanks

Derick

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:48 AM
  • User-1079886376 posted

in my case: we were using log4net and referencing it in the project, but other software on my computer installed log4net on the GAC. with the same version number BUT different PublicKeyToken. this caused the compiler to get the DLL from GAC instaed of the place i've put it and you get an error, as the compiler looks for a specific key (as added in the reference of the project) and gets another one from the GAC.

remove the version from the gac

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:44 AM