Changes are not shown in the Form RRS feed

• Question

• In my application I do a change of some WorkItem fields.
    Via the Team Explorer in Visual Studio I want so see the changes of the WorkItem fields.
    When I select the WorkItem the changes in the Form are not shown.
    I change another field in the Form and then the next error occurs:

"Unable to save all edited documents. 0 saved successfuly. 1 could not be saved. Please
    correct the unsaved work items and try again."

So this means that the changes are committed but are not shown in the Form ?
    After about 5 minutes the changes are shown in the Form !!

Why does it take so long to show the changes in the Form ?

Thursday, September 7, 2006 1:52 PM

Answers

• Yngwie, this could happen if you have a workitem opened in team explorer UI, or if you had opened an item from Results View, or if you have the item focused in results view bottom pane - in those cases the workitem shows cached data as-of the query run. Try closing all windows in Team Explorer and then opening your workitem.
    Thursday, September 7, 2006 2:09 PM
  • This problem occured when using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 3.
    Now I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Final and the problem is solved.

Thanx for the support.

Monday, September 25, 2006 1:05 PM

All replies

• Yngwie, this could happen if you have a workitem opened in team explorer UI, or if you had opened an item from Results View, or if you have the item focused in results view bottom pane - in those cases the workitem shows cached data as-of the query run. Try closing all windows in Team Explorer and then opening your workitem.
    Thursday, September 7, 2006 2:09 PM
  • I closed all open windows in Team Explorer but this doesn't help.
    Even re-run the query or Refresh the Team Explorer doesn't help.
    It is very frustrating that you have to wait for 5 minutes before the changes are shown.
    Is there a way to disable that the data is cached ?

Saturday, September 9, 2006 6:16 AM
  • I tried this but I could see the changes immediately when I refresh query. Is there any specific steps that I can use to repro this?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:42 PM
  • This problem occured when using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 3.
    Now I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Final and the problem is solved.

Thanx for the support.

Monday, September 25, 2006 1:05 PM