Coded UI Implementation RRS feed

• Question

• I have implemented coded ui in windows forms diagram control. But I am not able to Add my diagram control properties in assertion box of that coded ui. How can I solve this issue?

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Devaraj.S,

Is the diagram control a third party control?

>>But I am not able to Add my diagram control properties in assertion box of that coded ui

Do you mean you are not able to capture the diagram control using code UI test builder(Ctrl+I)?  Did you get some error message?

If the diagram control is a third party control, Code UI test does not support it by default.

To enable third party controls in Windows Forms and WPF applications, you must add references and code. For more information, see Enable Coded UI Testing of Your Controls

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:35 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Devaraj.s,

Thank you for your post. Based on your description, your question is more related to Coded UI. We will move your thread to Test Tools forum for dedicated support.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:01 AM
  • Hi Devaraj.S,

Is the diagram control a third party control?

>>But I am not able to Add my diagram control properties in assertion box of that coded ui

Do you mean you are not able to capture the diagram control using code UI test builder(Ctrl+I)?  Did you get some error message?

If the diagram control is a third party control, Code UI test does not support it by default.

To enable third party controls in Windows Forms and WPF applications, you must add references and code. For more information, see Enable Coded UI Testing of Your Controls

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:35 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 6:09 AM