Changing the logo of a network via the Branding Tags in the CarrierControlSchema

Question

• Hi.

I tried to changed the logo in the network flyout which is set via the DeviceMetaDataFile via the CarrierControlSchema. Right now I have a working Provisioning XML file and I added the branding tags.

Changing the Name is no Problem, that changes are displayed immediatelly. But my logo is not changed at all, though I have tried several ways to define it.

Right now I have:

<Branding xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/networking/CarrierControl/WWAN/v1">
          <Logo>iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACAAAAAgCAYAAABzenr0AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BAACx
            jwv8YQUAAAAJcEhZcwAACxEAAAsRAX9kX5EAAAAwSURBVFhH7c4hAQAACAMwypCcOu8EMTAT86vp
            7CcBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAYHnQPYAN3pMlwA3awEAAAAASUVORK5CYII</Logo>
          <Name>Sample Name</Name>
        </Branding>

In this example I just tried to use a plain 32x32 png image all filled with red colour.

Can you please help me and tell me I am doing wrong.

Thank you very much.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:36 PM

All replies

• I will do some research and see if we have a sample of this for you!

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Your base64 string is invalid.  I get this error when trying to convert it to an image:

Invalid length for a Base-64 char array or string.

public async void test()
            {
                string theImageStr = "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACAAAAAgCAYAAABzenr0AAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAAAARnQU1BAACxjwv8YQUAAAAJcEhZcwAACxEAAAsRAX9kX5EAAAAwSURBVFhH7c4hAQAACAMwypCcOu8EMTAT86vp7CcBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAYHnQPYAN3pMlwA3awEAAAAASUVORK5CYII";
                BitmapImage bm = await Base64ToImage(theImageStr);
                theImage.Source = bm;

}

public async Task<BitmapImage> Base64ToImage(string base64String)
            {
                // Convert Base64 String to byte[]
                byte[] imageBytes = Convert.FromBase64String(base64String);
            }

How are you generating this?

This is a valid 32x32 png so try this:

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

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:12 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

thank you for your answer. For the creation of the Image I used an online encoder.

Meanwhile I calculate the base64 via C# by myself :D

I have tried the Provisioning with your image (btw nice one):

<Branding xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/networking/CarrierControl/WWAN/v1">
         <Logo>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</Logo>
         <Name>Test</Name>    
    </Branding>
    but I see still no change of the logo, only of the Name in the network flyout.

Am I missing somthing in the Provisioning file?

Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:50 AM