none
Comments and thoughts on including this in Windows RRS feed

• General discussion

• Excellent programming environment! Even for an experienced programmer, with one or two more objects this could be even more of a complete language than it currently is. Everything necessary for most programmers and programs are included, and this truly makes programming fun again and takes the concentration away from syntax and structure and puts it back on the process of the program. The only extra objects / methods that I would like to see is one  that can launch other programs or files, and a text input box for the graphicswindow. Excellent job on this! I would love to see it bundled with Windows, just like automator or Applescript is on a Mac. This is truly easy enough for anyone to operate. I think that this would be an invaluable accessory to Windows, especially if you included the ability to schedule or start events. Excellent Job!!!!
    Monday, November 10, 2008 4:57 AM

All replies

• Included in Windows, eh?

I'm not sure if I see Smart Basic as an appropriate replacement for good old QB.  Not to say that QB should be included in MS distros any longer, but it was equally functional as it was archaic.  Smart Basic could easily be included with MS's OS, but if that were to occur, MS might as well package a full development transition program with Windows:  Design a software development package that starts at the beginner level (Smart Basic) and works its way up to Visual C# and others, providing a complete self-discovery environment to developers.

(With how enthusiastic MS is about its developers, it's a bit silly this hasn't happened yet.)
    • Edited by Pritchard Monday, November 10, 2008 6:45 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:42 AM
  • Thanks for your suggestions, Brendan and Pritchard.  We'll bring this idea up for consideration.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 10:39 AM