none
Missing UML Class diagram template RRS feed

• Question

• I have VS2010 Ultimate installed and was trying to experiment with some of the new architecture tools.  I was trying to add a new 'UML Class Diagram' to my Modeling project, but that template is missing from the Add New Diagram dialog.  (The UML Sequence diagram template is also missing).  All I have in the dialog is UML Use Case Diagram, UML Activity Diagram, UML Component Diagram, and Layer Diagram. 

Any ideas?  Do I need to reinstall?

Thanks,

Tim

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hello Tim,

When I create a new diagram in modeling project Visual Studio 2010 ultimate edition, I can see the template of UML Class Diagram.

I use some tool to find the template is cached in the following location,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\Modeling\1033

Could you please go that folder in your machine to see if there exists an zip file named UmlClassDesigner.zip?

Best regards,

Ji Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hello Tim,

When I create a new diagram in modeling project Visual Studio 2010 ultimate edition, I can see the template of UML Class Diagram.

I use some tool to find the template is cached in the following location,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplatesCache\Modeling\1033

Could you please go that folder in your machine to see if there exists an zip file named UmlClassDesigner.zip?

Best regards,

Ji Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 11:35 AM
  • hi ji zhou,

i also encountered same problem and after I see in this folder :

the file named UmlClassDesigner is exists but the UML Sequence Diagram is still missing in Visual Studio. Do I need to do another step?

thanks

Monday, July 19, 2010 10:13 AM
  • That is strange. I would recommend a quick repair of Visual Studio to see if things get working.

Monday, July 26, 2010 2:56 AM
  • Hi, I've similar problem. After updating VS2010 Ultimate with SP1 the templates for refactoring and for C# are gone (I got them to work with Snippet Manager) and I can't create any diagram anymore. I'm getting everytime error 0x80070002 - file not found. There are some files in subdirectories ItemTemplates/Modelling/1033 and ItemptemplatesCache/Modelling/1033. I've tried with devenv.exe /installVSTTemplates and /setup but with no success.

Thanks, Gabriel

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:54 AM