none
Where is the official list of known issues for .Net versions? RRS feed

• Question

• I found this link which shows known .net issues https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet but the page also states that it is not official.  Where is the official list of known issues?  That list also doesn't go back very far.  I saw one .net 4.6.2 issue listed.  For an application that I am developing I have a requirement to list all of the known .net issues.  

The only official looking list I found was https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015088/known-issues-in-the-net-framework-4-7 but that is not .net 4.7.1.  It also doesn't provide the ability to just look at a complete list.  One has to click each link for previous versions to see all of the issues with previous versions.  

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 10:34 PM

Answers

• Hi shawn,

Thank you for your update.

I found some information from this page as below:

**Please continue to file .NET Framework released product issues at microsoft/dotnet, .NET Core product issues at dotnet/core, and ASP.NET Core product issues at aspnet/home.

I suppose the above github pages are used to file and trace the .NET Framework product issues, if we need some help like .NET Framework installation issues, how to use or switch different .NET Framework version during our development or others, we can redirect to the appropriate MSDN forums.

>> Also there aren't any numbers associated with issues prior to .net 4.7.1. so I have no way of referring to those issues by a number. 

Now we only have the page that list the version from 4.5.2 to 4.7 and since the 4.7.1 is the latest version, maybe more known issues will be find in the future and it is not ended. I guess when the next version like 4.7.2 or 4.8 is release, the 4.7.1 known issues will be also added into this page

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hi shawn1874,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Like you found, there is no such page to share all the known issues for all .NET Framework versions, usually it be categorized with the .NET Framework version, since they are summary and published by different years, sorry for this inconvenience.

For the .NET Framework 4.7.1 known issues, please check this page: https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet/blob/master/releases/net471/dotnet471-known-issues.md

For other .NET Framework versions known issue, please check this: https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet/blob/master/Documentation/KnownIssues/README.md

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:56 AM
  • Thank you for that Sara.  I am concerned about this comment on the page.  If I back up to the top level git hub page a statement applies that this is not an official support location.

"This repo is not an official .NET Framework support location, "

Do you know what that means?  Also there aren't any numbers associated with issues prior to .net 4.7.1. so I have no way of referring to those issues by a number.  

Friday, March 30, 2018 12:22 AM
  • Hi shawn,

Thank you for your update.

I found some information from this page as below:

**Please continue to file .NET Framework released product issues at microsoft/dotnet, .NET Core product issues at dotnet/core, and ASP.NET Core product issues at aspnet/home.

I suppose the above github pages are used to file and trace the .NET Framework product issues, if we need some help like .NET Framework installation issues, how to use or switch different .NET Framework version during our development or others, we can redirect to the appropriate MSDN forums.

>> Also there aren't any numbers associated with issues prior to .net 4.7.1. so I have no way of referring to those issues by a number. 

Now we only have the page that list the version from 4.5.2 to 4.7 and since the 4.7.1 is the latest version, maybe more known issues will be find in the future and it is not ended. I guess when the next version like 4.7.2 or 4.8 is release, the 4.7.1 known issues will be also added into this page

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:17 AM